Privacy and Cookie policies
Definitions and interpretation
Because we are based in the UK Health Hawk is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Use in this document of the words ‘data’, ‘personal data’, ‘data subject’, ‘data controller’, ‘data processor’, ‘process’ (and ‘processing, etc.’) means those words as defined in GDPR.
‘Us’, ‘we’, ‘our’ refers to Health Hawk Ltd.
Who are we?
We are: Health Hawk Ltd
Company number: 12535753
1 Windlemere House
Our website address is: https://hawk.health
What data do we collect?
When you visit the website
- Information about the pages you visited
When you contact us
- Any personal details you provide when you contact us using email, phone or post.
When you register with Health Hawk
- Any personal details you provide eg name, professional information, address, email and telephone number.
- Your communication preferences
Communicating with you
If you have given us permission to communicate with you, we will, from time to time, contact you with information about Health Hawk or with information which we believe you will find interesting. We may also tell you about and invite you to participate in health surveys or research studies.
Each communication will include an option for you to opt out from receiving future communications from us. You can also contact us to opt out.
About content from other websites
Our website contains links to other websites. The privacy and cookie policies of that website applies to all the data they collect. Health Hawk is not responsible for the privacy and cookie policies or practices of third-party websites.
To find out more, read the privacy and cookie policies of the third-party website.
Links to other websites
If you click on a link to a third-party website you will leave https://hawk.health and open up the third-party website.
Pages on this site may include embedded content (eg videos, images, articles, surveys etc).
Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if you have visited the other website directly.
Why are we collecting this data?
We collect information for the following reasons:
- To improve your experience when using this website
- To allow you to register with us
- To record your consent to any services eg registering with us.
- To record your preferences
- To facilitate the provision of goods and services you contract from us or our agents
- To manage the performance and functioning of the website
- To analyse use of the site
- To manage the security of the website
- To send you communications relating to Health Hawk and other information we believe will be of interest to you
- To conduct surveys and market research
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by you
- To comply with our legal obligations
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
What is the legal basis for processing this information?
GDPR requires us to have a legitimate reason for processing your data. The legitimate interest depends upon the information concerned and the context in which we process it. See Why are we collecting this data? above for more information about what we collect and how we use it.
What if I choose not to give you my personal information?
GDPR provides certain rights to individuals regarding the use of their personal data. If you choose not to give us any personal information, it may limit the services we can provide to you.
Use of third-party processors
We use third party service providers which process data on our behalf. All are required to act in accordance with GDPR; to process data securely and only for the purposes we have instructed.
Data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) when hosted on third party software which operates outside EEA.
Business services we use include:
- Microsoft Office
- Google G-Suite
- Google Analytics
- Word Press
For information about their privacy policies, visit their websites.
Do we share personal data?
Any data you share when using the website or registering with Health Hawk is held by us. We do not sell, distribute or lease your data to third parties except where you have given your consent or if it is required by law.
How we keep your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How long will you keep my information?
We will keep your information for only as long as necessary to carry out our services and to fulfil our statutory and contractual obligations.
What rights do I have?
Under GDPR, you as the data subject have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about how we collect and use data
- The right of access to data held about you in an easily accessible format
- The right of rectification, to ask us to correct any mistakes we have made in the data we hold about you
- The right to erasure of your data in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- The right to data portability, to ask us to transfer the personal data we hold about you to another organisation or to you in certain circumstances
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Exercising your rights?
If you have a complaint or wish to exercise your rights please see Contact us below.
You also have the right to complain to:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
If you have any questions or concerns please contact our Data Protection Officer
By email: email@example.com
Data Protection Officer
1 Windlemere House
Updates to this privacy notice
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer or mobile device at the request of the website you are viewing. Cookies store information to help us enhance your use of our website.
What Cookies do we use?
- Record your preferences
- Manage user registration
- Manage operation of the website
- Gather analytic data about user behaviour
- Improve the performance of the website
What cookies do and don’t do
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or mobile device or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Accepting and declining cookies
When you visit our website, you are prompted to accept or decline our cookies.
Your web browser and cookies
Most web browsers automatically allow cookies. You can modify your browser settings to block cookies. If you have modified your web-browser settings, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
You can manage web browser cookies and cookie preferences within your browser’s options/preferences.
More information about cookies
To learn more about cookies, and find more information about blocking certain types of cookies, please visit the ICO website cookies page.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org